e-print takes user privacy very seriously. Please read the following carefully.
This policy covers how e-print treats personal information provided by you to e-print, including information related to your past use of e-print products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable including your name, address, email or telephone number or any other information.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that e-print does not own or control, or to people that e-print does not employ or manage.
Information collection and use
e-print may store personal information upon your registration with us, during your orders and during your visits to our site or site of e-print partners.
Information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, occupation, and industry is required during registration. For some products and services we might also ask for your address, telephone number and ID number.
e-print automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, e-print cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the pages you request.
e-print uses such information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting.
Information sharing and disclosure
e-print does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except upon your request for products or services, with your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with e-print under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help e-print communicate with you about offers from e-print and our marketing partners.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or violations of e-print's terms.
- We transfer information about you if e-print is acquired by or merged with another company. In the event of this, e-print will notify you in advance.
- e-print displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- e-print does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet their requirements.
- e-print advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- According to your preferences, e-print would show your customer ID under certain circumstances (for example in e-print discussion forum) as well as your personal information on your e-print account information page.
e-print may store, process and/or transfer personal data to companies and affiliates within the e-print group in Malaysia or overseas, or to e-print's carefully selected business partners, for e-print's data analysis and operation purposes. You are deemed to have given your agreement with your continued use of our services.